Sunday, October 25, 2009

So yeah, it has been a really long time since I posted anything... in confession, I actually forgot, temporarily, that I'd created this blog. Yeah, go figure.

At any rate, there have been only a few changes in the life of this shining star since that time. You haven't missed much. Ha, I know you've all just been gripping the edges of your seats, breathless, waiting for the next installment, right!? Yup.

Well, I actually still have the same job that I accepted back in April... kinda. It's a contract job and so, as a general rule, I am moved around periodically to new stations/settings, if you will. So far so good, though I don't particularly enjoy the current contract, I am learning so much.

I have, of late, been slightly preoccupied with the idea of the Pacific-Northwest, particularly the coastal areas of Oregon and Washington state. In the Spring I read a series of books whose story was set in that region. The author, so fascinatingly descriptive, painted wonderful, mysterious pictures in my mind. More recently, a new acquaintance, a fresh shipment from Portland, spoke briefly of her home over coffee(Starbucks of course!). This conversation peaked my interest enough to pick up a travel book about it at Barnes&Nobles. Now, I lived in Oregon for a few months when I was younger. I have certain feelings about the place that are rooted in the time and circumstances that I experienced there. That time in my life was confusing, troublesome. My future was so very unclear (when IS it clear?). These old feelings have given me a certain sense of foreboding, so to speak, about the being there again for any length of time. However, in a slightly more mature state of mind I find myself believing that it would be different now. It could just be that my travel virus is waking up for another round, as well, but in any case, I want to go. I want to live in the city, possibly Seattle, or a lovely coastal town. I want to explore the rain forests of the Olympic Peninsula, the dramatic and breathtaking Western shoreline. Take in the vistas from Hurricane Ridge and Mt. Olympus... even if I have to be carried back down by stretcher :) Whatever it ends up being, I have got to get myself out of the Midwest!! Too much corn!

As I am writing this post a thought surfaces. You know girl, a good blog is profound, insightful, contemplating concepts and ideas transcendent of the obvious, funny or entertaining. Something to strive for, perhaps. In the end, these are simply asterisks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment